CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
At Lawson Financial, we like to think we always offer high standards of customer service. However, if you feel that something has gone wrong and you wish to complain, we ask that you follow our Customer Complaints Procedure. This is created so that not only you know how to file a complaint, but also that we can ensure your complaint is handled swiftly and appropriately.
Detailed below is the process which ensures that complaints are handled fairly, effectively and ultimately resolved as soon as possible.
How to Register a Complaint
In the event you wish to register a complaint, you can do so by contacting our Complaints Department. You can register a complaint through the following methods:
Writing: The Complaints Department, Lawson Financial Ltd, 8 Biscay Close, Hill Head, Fareham, Hants PO14 3RG
PLEASE NOTE: Working Business Days are between Monday to Friday, in the hours of 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays). If a complaint is received on a non-business day, or outside business hours (9am-5pm) the complaint will be treated as received on the next business day.
Our Commitment to you
It’s our aim to resolve your complaint swiftly, which is why we work within the following time scales:
- Three-five Business Days – As soon as we receive your complaint, and if it can be resolved within three business days (before closing on the Third Business Day), we will do so, as well as explain to you in writing about the resolution. In the event we are unable to resolve the complaint intially, we will write to you to acknowledge receipt of the complaint and confirm our understanding about situation.
- Four Weeks – If we have been unable to resolve the complaint with the time scales listed above, within Four Weeks you will receive a Final Response Letter (see below) OR a detailed explanation of why we have not been unable to resolve the complaint as of yet.
- Eight Weeks – In the event the complaint has not been resolved within the time scales listed above, you will receive our Final Response Letter (please see below) OR a detailed explanation on why the complaint hasn’t been resolved, also providing when we expect to give a final response.
- Initial Response – If we have been able to resolve your complaint within Three Business Days then you will receive an Initial Response. This letter will detail information on how we believe the complaint has been resolved. It also includes information on how to escalate your complaint further if you are dissatisfied with the outcome.
- Final Response Letter – After completing our investigation, a Final Response Letter will be sent to you. In this, you will find detailed information on the complaint, explain our investigation as well as outline our findings. The Final Response Letter will do one of two things either ‘Uphold’ your complaint (accept your complaint) or ‘Reject’ your complaint (not accept your complaint) . If any settlements or redress is to be awarded, your Final Response Letter will detail this.
Part of our service is to provide you access to the Financial Ombudsman Service. This is a free service which resolves complaints that consumers and financial businesses are unable to resolve.
If you have been issued with a Final Response Letter (OR if you have not received either within our Eight Week timescale) and are still dissatisfied with the outcome, you have the legal right to approach the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date on the letter only. If you refer to the Ombudsman after this time has passed, permission will not be granted by us to consider your complaint unless there are exceptional circumstances.
We will list details of contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service in our letters to you along with a leaflet outlining how the service works. If you need to seek more information, the Financial Ombudsman Service can be contacted as follows:
Writing: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
For Lawson Financial to resolve any complaints fairly and efficiently, we will ask you for the following:
Explain what happened – In order for us to understand your complaint, you will need to explain exactly what happened in great detail. You can provide your side of the story, along with documents and information that will help our investigation. You can provide this through post, email, verbally or by any other means that you may prefer.
Help us Find the Solution – For both you and us, it’s important that complaints are resolved agreeably. So, if you can think of a reasonable outcome you believe is suitable, please inform us and we will internally assess this. Whilst we may not always be able to resolve the complaint in a way that you believe is suitable, we will do our best. If we are unable to meet your expectations, we will provide a detailed explanation of why it wasn’t possible and present an alternative proposal to resolve your complaint.
Respond within a timely manner – In order to resolve complaints quickly, it’s essential that you communicate with us as quick as possible. We may require more clarity or information, so if you’re able to respond quickly it’s beneficial for both parties. Lawson Financial hope to deal with all cases as quickly as possible. In the event you are unable to contact us quickly, please let us know so you can respond in your own time.
Treat us Fairly – We can fully understand and appreciate that it can be frustrating if something has gone wrong, and we will ensure that we investigate what happened and put things right, where appropriate. However, we ask that you treat staff with respect and allow them reasonable time to complete their work.